DAY 1: Amman – Border Crossing – Jerusalem: Mt of Olives & Old City Tour
- Pick up from your door in Amman (or elsewhere in Jordan), and transfer to King Hussein / Allenby Bridge Israeli Terminal.
- From the border crossing, drive to the Mount of Olives for a wonderful view over Jerusalem.
- Continue to the Church of the Pater Noster, where the Lord’s Prayer is displayed on local-style pottery panels in over 100 different languages and dialects.
- The traditional Palm Sunday route takes you then past the vast Jewish Cemetery and several other churches and monasteries. At the foot of the mountain, you can stroll through the Garden of Gethsemane with its beautiful ancient olive trees.
- Enter the Old City through the Dung gate to visit the Wailing (or Western) Wall, and view the Haram Al Sharif with the Al-Aqsa Mosque and the Dome of the Rock.
- Walk the Via Dolorosa with its Stations of the Cross till you arrive at the Church of the Holy Sepulchre, where Jesus was crucified and buried, and then rose again.
- Take some time to explore the bazaars, and leave then the Old City to the west by Jaffa Gate. If time is permitting, you can drive through West Jerusalem and view various landmarks.
Overnight in Jerusalem.
DAY 2: Free Day in Jerusalem
Spend the day in Jerusalem – explore the markets, shops, alleys, visit the many holy, cultural and historical places, take some time to just sit and watch life happen around you, have a falafel sandwich, drink some tea,…
Overnight in Jerusalem.
DAY 3: Jerusalem – Bethlehem – Shepherd’s Field – West Jerusalem – Border Crossing – Amman
- Depart from your hotel to Bethlehem, crossing into the West Bank and stopping at the Separation Wall.
- Continue into today’s modern city of Bethlehem to see the Church of the Nativity, believed to be located at the birthplace of Jesus.
- Drive to the Shepherd’s Field in Beit Sahour, which is the place where according to some tradition the angels first announced Jesus’ birth.
- After that, return to Jerusalem. If there is time, you can visit a site in the western part of the city, such as the Mahane Yehuda Market, Yad Vashem (the Holocaust Memorial), or the Israel Museum (where you can see the Dead Sea Scrolls). Please discuss your preference with your driver or guide, and note that museums may close early on some days.
- Eventually return to Allenby/ King Hussein Bridge and from there to Amman (or elsewhere in Jordan), where we will drop you off at your preferred location.