DAY 1: Amman – Border Crossing – Jerusalem: Mt of Olives & Old City Tour
- Pick up from your door in Amman (or elsewhere in Jordan), and transfer to King Hussein / Allenby Bridge Israeli Terminal.
- From the border crossing, drive to the Mount of Olives for a wonderful view over Jerusalem.
- Continue to the Church of the Pater Noster, where the Lord’s Prayer is displayed on local-style pottery panels in over 100 different languages and dialects.
- The traditional Palm Sunday route takes you then past the vast Jewish Cemetery and several other churches and monasteries. At the foot of the mountain, you can stroll through the Garden of Gethsemane with its beautiful ancient olive trees.
- Enter the Old City through the Dung gate to visit the Wailing (or Western) Wall, and view the Haram Al Sharif with the Al-Aqsa Mosque and the Dome of the Rock.
- Walk the Via Dolorosa with its Stations of the Cross till you arrive at the Church of the Holy Sepulchre, where Jesus was crucified and buried, and then rose again.
- Take some time to explore the bazaars, and leave then the Old City to the west by Jaffa Gate. If time is permitting, you can drive through West Jerusalem and view various landmarks.
DAY 2: Free Day in Jerusalem – Border Crossing – Amman
- Spend another full day in Jerusalem. Explore the markets, shops, alleys, visit the many holy, cultural and historical sites, take some time to just sit and watch life happen around you, have a falafel sandwich, drink some tea,…
- In the evening we will pick you up at a previously arranged location. Return to Allenby/ King Hussein Bridge, and from there to Amman (or elsewhere in Jordan), where we will drop you off at your preferred location.