DAY 1: Amman – Border Crossing – Jerusalem: Mt of Olives & Old City Tour
- Pick up from your door in Amman (or elsewhere in Jordan), and transfer to King Hussein / Allenby Bridge Israeli Terminal.
- From the border crossing, drive to the Mount of Olives for a wonderful view over Jerusalem.
- Continue to the Church of the Pater Noster, where the Lord’s Prayer is displayed on local-style pottery panels in over 100 different languages and dialects.
- The traditional Palm Sunday route takes you then past the vast Jewish Cemetery and several other churches and monasteries. At the foot of the mountain, you can stroll through the Garden of Gethsemane with its beautiful ancient olive trees.
- Enter the Old City through the Dung gate to visit the Wailing (or Western) Wall, and view the Haram Al Sharif with the Al-Aqsa Mosque and the Dome of the Rock.
- Walk the Via Dolorosa with its Stations of the Cross till you arrive at the Church of the Holy Sepulchre, where Jesus was crucified and buried, and then rose again.
- Take some time to explore the bazaars, and leave then the Old City to the west by Jaffa Gate. If time is permitting, you can drive through West Jerusalem and view various landmarks
Overnight in Jerusalem.
DAY 2: Jerusalem – Sea of Galilee: Caparnaum, Mt of Beatitudes & Tabgha – Nazareth – Border Crossing – Amman
- Depart from your hotel in Jerusalem and drive North to the Sea of Galilee. Your first stop there is Capernaum, where you can see the remains of the once prosperous fishing village that became the home base of Jesus and his disciples.
- Continue to Tabgha, where the miracle of the feeding of the 5000 is said to have happened. Also stop at the Church of the Primacy where Peter was told by Jesus that to continue his work.
- Finally drive up to the Mount of Beatitudes, site of the famous Sermon on the Mount. Don’t miss out the monastery’s beautiful gardens.
- After enjoying the fantastic views over the lake for a minute, head on to Nazareth. The boyhood village of Jesus is now a bustling city, and at the Church of the Annunciation you will see visitors from all corners of the world. This is also reflected in the décor of the modern building.
- There, your tour comes to an end, and we will take you back to the border crossing and then to Amman (or elsewhere in Jordan), where we will drop you off at your preferred location.